Godward Habits As Neighbor Love
Passage: Galatians 5:1-6
Only faith “counts” with God.
Faith expresses itself in love.
How do you get more faith, and thus, more love?
- Sam Dean, "Welcome to the Summer of Quitting"
- Justin Whitmel Earley, The Common Rule
- Carl Trueman, Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self
- Tish Harrison Warren, The Liturgy of the Ordinary
- You can lose the gospel and drift off into moralism (ie. circumcision) or relativism (ie. uncircumcision). Which direction are you personally most prone towards?
- Both faith and love are necessary, but they can at times begin to compete with one another. Do you have any personal examples of this from your life. Reflect on American Christianity in general. Is one prioritized over another? What about our church?
- How do you get more faith, and, thus, more love?
- What is one "Love God" habit you might begin this summer?
- What is one "Love Neighbor" habit you might begin this summer?