Words With Friends
August 1, 2021 Speaker: Drew Bennett Series: Habits of Grace
Passage: Ephesians 4:17-20, Ephesians 4:25-32, Ephesians 5:1-2
Worship Folder | Full Service Video
I. ALIENATED BY SIN (AND TECHNOLOGY)
"Technology proposes itself as the architect of our intimacies... suggesting solutions that put the real on the run." - Sherry Turtle
II. BUILDING FRIENDSHIPS
"Friendship is vulnerability across time." - Justin Earley
III. AS GOD IN CHRIST
"We didn't come from chaos... We did not come forth from loneliness... We came from friendship." - Justin Earley
- Justin Whitmel Earley, The Common Rule
- Tim Keller, "Befriending Grace" sermon
- Sherry Turkle, Reclaiming Conversation
- Tish Harrison Warren, Liturgy of the Ordinary
- Who are your friends? Is there anyone in your life who knows everything about you?
- Put your finger on some of the hindrances to friendship in your life. Is it location? Time?
- What one change might you make to give yourself a better chance at true friendship?
- How would believing the gospel more deeply improve your friendships? (Do you need to be stronger or softer?)
More in Habits of Grace
August 15, 2021The Sabbath Habit
August 8, 2021Hunger For God
July 25, 2021Technology and the Eremos Life