The Grace of Gratitude
January 2, 2022 Speaker: Drew Bennett Series: Graced
Passage: Luke 17:5-19
Worship Folder | Full Service Video
"Everything is needful that he sends. Nothing can be needful that he withholds." - John Newton
"Sin is cosmic ingratitude." - Tim Keller
III. GIVING THANKS
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord." - Psalm 92.1
- Diana Butler Bass, Grateful
- D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Spiritual Depression
- Dane Ortlund, Gentle and Lowly
- A.W. Tozer said, "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." So, what comes into your mind when you think about God? What do you imagine God is like?
- Do you think of the good things in your life as wages or as gifts?
- There are two faces of ingratitude - entitlement and self-pity. Are you aware of either gaining a foothold in your life?
- Place yourself in the story of the ten lepers. Are you more like the one who returned or the nine who did not?
- What are your habits of giving thanks?
More in Graced
January 16, 2022The Grace of the Gospel
January 9, 2022The Grace of Forgiveness