As a church, we seek to grow in our awareness of racial and ethnic differences in order to experience the richness of human community made whole in Christ. Below you'll find a number of books, videos, articles and other resources that we hope will be a valuable resource as we seek to better understand and pursue racial reconciliation.
Books for Kids
- The Skin You Live In - With the ease and simplicity of a nursery rhyme, this lively story delivers an important message of social acceptance to young readers
- God's Very Good Idea - This book will help children see how people from all ethnic and social backgrounds are valuable to God and how Jesus came to rescue all kinds of people.
- When God Made You - This book inspires young readers to learn about their own special gifts and how they fit into God’s divine plan as they grow, explore, and begin to create for themselves.
- When God Made Light - This message of a God-made light that cuts through darkness to bring vision and hope to all young readers. This light appears in each child--an inner God-given spark that grows and will be used to change the world.
Books for Adults
- Heal Us, Emmanuel - This resource is a collection of essays from PCA pastors, feel free to read the essays that catch your interest.
- All Are Welcome - A practical follow up to the collection of essays in Heal Us, Emmanuel.
- Be the Bridge - This book has spurred a growing ministry of reconciliation, focusing on the points "listen, lament, learn, and leverage."
- The Beautiful Community - Dr. Ince boldly unpacks the reasons for our divisions while gently guiding us toward our true hope for wholeness and reconciliation.
- Just Mercy - Bryan Stevenson recounts his work with the Equal Justice Initiative, in particular the case of Walter McMillan, a man wrongfully on death row for over ten years for a crime he did not commit.
- Divided by Faith - The seminal study to which leaders refer when seeking racial unity within the American church.
- The Color of Compromise - This unapologetic book recounts the strenuous history between Black and White America, especially within the Church.
- White Awake - This book is a helpful eye-opener to the realities of the dynamics that exist between minority and majority cultures, and what the gospel has to say about that.
Videos, Podcasts, & Other Media
- Race, Justice & Reconciliation (Redeemer Winter Haven podcast series)
- Overcoming Evil With Good (Redeemer WH Sermon from 2016)
- What is Racism? (Duke Kwon)
- The 4 Social & Doctrinal Dimensions of Racism (Chart by Duke Kwon)
- Racial Brokenness in America and Our Gospel Response (PCA Video Panel)
- Race and the Christian (Q&A with Tim Keller, John Piper, Anthony Bradley)
- PCA's African American Ministries
- Bridging the National Divide (Dr. Carl Ellis)
- Grace, Justice & Mercy (Tim Keller & Bryan Stevenson)
Articles and Reports
- PCA Report on Racial & Ethnic Reconciliation
- The Gospel and Our Prejudice - An article by Tim Keller
- Embracing the Outsider - An article by Tim Keller
- Denominational Diversity and Cultural Normativity - An article by Duke Kwon