ONE HOUR OF CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND
We were made for each other, and we can't become lovers of God and neighbor without intimate relationships where vulnerability is sustained across time. In habitual, face-to-face conversation with each other, we find a gospel practice; we are laid bare to each other and loved anyway.
- Reclaiming Conversation, Sherry Turkle
Stories matter so much that we must handle them with utmost care. Resisting the constant stream of addictive media with an hour limit means we are forced to curate what we watch. Curating stories means that we seek stories that uphold beauty, that teach us to love justice, and that turn us to community.
- Tech Wise Family, Andy Crouch
- Digital Minimalism, Cal Newport
- The Shallows, Nicholas Carr
- 10 Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Right Now, Jaron Lanier